Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ave Maria IPT Grad Program


If you have visited the blog this week, you have noticed a significant drop off in posts. First, let me apologize. Secondly, let me explain. I recently began pursuit of a Masters in Theological Studies through the Institute of Pastoral Theology at Ave Maria University. I just attended my first month of classes and I am still recovering from the intense weekend of learning.

We are blessed in the Fort Worth Diocese to have the faculty from Ave Maria fly into the DFW area once a month to instruct about twenty-five of us at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton's Formation Center. This is the first year the program is in Ft. Worth. We are studying Vatican II, the Foundations of Catholic Spirituality and the Old Testament. Our professors are Douglas Bushman, S.T.L. and David Twellman, D. Min., Th.M.

We meet one full weekend a month (for the next three years). We begin Friday night, meet all day Saturday and most of Sunday. The instruction is fast paced but full of rich orthodoxy. I learned more about Vatican II in one day than I had learned in my lifetime.

I can already tell I am going to make some life long friends with some of my classmates. I am looking forward to the continued studies and I hope to share some of what I learn here on this blog.  I also hope to get back on track posting this weekend. I will be back dating the Tuesday Tech Talk and I have also asked a few other Joe Catholics to write some posts in the future.

Thanks for your continued support.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!
    It is a holy, inspirational, and profound intellectual experience. I only wish I was taking the program all over again! Another IPT grad that I talked to last night stated, "Enrolling in the program was the single best decision I ever made — except, of course, for choosing my great husband!"

    ReplyDelete