Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tuesday Tech Talk:
Creating Surveys with Google Docs

If you've wanted to incorporate online surveys or quizzes on your blog, website or Facebook, Google Docs (now called Google Drive) is an easy way to do that. I've used it to create an online Team Captain application for my debate students who wanted to be considered for the position. I've also used it to create quizzes for my class. I'm in the process of developing a survey for this blog. One of the cool aspects of using Google Docs to do this is that it has a built in method of embedding the survey into blogs, etc. You can even embed it in an email or send a URL link. Google Docs will also allow you to track responses easily in a spreadsheet or graphic format.

Here's a sample survey question:

Instead of taking you step-by-step, I thought this short video I used to learn how to create the surveys would be a better tool. One note, you may need to play with the height of the HTML code to remove "white space" when you embed your survey into a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment