Sunday, April 8, 2012

He's Alive and I'm Forgiven!

The Resurrection by El Greco
During the Easter Vigil, as the Liturgy of the Word nears its end, the readings are seemingly interrupted by the singing of the Gloria. This immediately precedes the reading of Saint Paul's Letter to the Romans which is directed at those who have already been baptized. This moment is rung in with bells throughout the singing of the Gloria. In years past, this was also the moment when the lights would come on in the church. You can smell the incense in the air and you know that this moment is recognizing that Christ has risen! I love that the liturgy of the Church involves all of our senses.

Below I have included a video presentation of Don Francisco's He's Alive! Every time I hear this song, I am overwhelmed. I hope you enjoy it too. Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment