Thursday, August 22, 2013

Why are you Catholic?

Source: RENEW International
Why am I Catholic?
I've been reading Greg Willits' book The New Evangelization and You. It has gotten me to think about new ways to evangelize to my friends, family and co-workers. One thought that popped into my mind as I was reading one of the early chapters is how I would answer someone who asked me why I am Catholic.  I will admit it made me a bit uncomfortable thinking about it because I initially didn't have a readily available answer. I do now.

Answer the Question
So instead of offering my answer, I am curious about your responses. First, do you have an answer in mind already? If not, you need to get one. Second, why are YOU Catholic? Please answer the question in the Comments or Google+

Scriptural Inspiration
In case you need a bit of inspiration of why you should even have an answer to this question, please consider Peter's exhortation: "Always be prepared to make a defense to anyone who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence" (1 Peter 3:15).

No comments:

Post a Comment