Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday Tech Talk: VolunteerSpot

If you have ever had to organize volunteers for an apostolate, ministry or event and wished you had an easy electronic way to do it, VolunteerSpot is the answer.

VolunteerSpot is a simple sign up sheet application that allows you to quickly and easily manage volunteers. There is no software to download and registration is user friendly. VolunteerSpot provides free and premier options.

I coordinate the Lector Ministry at our parish. I was looking for an easy, fair and transparent way to get readers to sign up for special liturgical celebrations. I registered on the website. Next, I scheduled the events I needed volunteers for. This was much like entering a calendar entry on iCal or Outlook. Finally, I cut and pasted my email list into the application and I was able to send out a customized email message that allowed readers to volunteer for the day they were able to read. The app even sends out a reminder email prior to the event.

See the video below for a tour of the application.

No comments:

Post a Comment